Sunday, January 27, 2013

Baked Apples

A couple weeks ago my friend DeEtta blogged about baked apples on her blog.

I remembered seeing on Pinterest one day when I was bored in an insurance training that you can core apples and bake them and they taste like apple pie. 

Well...they weren't lying! I made mine a little different than DeEtta (her's are likely more healthy than mine, but I'd say mine still aren't bad.) I mixed about 1 tablespoon of butter, a tablespoon or so of cinnamon, and about 1/4 - 1/3 cup brown sugar. I didn't measure, I just dumped, so if those aren't exactly right, don't get mad at me :) This mixture is enough for 4 apples.

All you do is wash you apples, dig the core out of them and put the mixture in the hole. Then, stick them in the oven and bake for 45 - 60 minutes depending on what type of apples you buy.


I made some last week and had them for my morning snack with plain greek yogurt. I ate them cold and they were great! 

Tonight I made them again and instead of saving all of them for this week's morning snacks, I had one for supper because I'd been craving something sweet all day. 

 
It was a way better choice than the piece of cake I stared at in the grocery store for a good 10 minutes, decided to pick up and put in my cart, walked around the store with it for approximately 15 minutes then my guilty conscious appeared and I talked myself out of it. 

I hate the grocery store. 

Instead I bought this. 

 
Small victory!!! 

Then I walked by those damn Ju Ju Hearts they always have out during Valentines Day that are so stupidly delicious. 

I started sprinting to the checkout counter screaming FIRE, FIRRREEEEEE!!! 

I just had to get outta there.

Then an hour or so later I devoured this!

 
Take that cake!

Take that Ju Ju Hearts!

It was as good as it looks.

So go'head. Get your apples in the oven already! 

And watch out for those stupid Ju Ju hearts. 

THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment